This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Heather Wheeler, Member of Parliament for South Derbyshire, in relation to casework and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Heather Wheeler, Member of Parliament for South Derbyshire.
What does the Office do?
The Office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries for which we must process personal data of our constituents. We also manage a small, non-political mailing list for the purpose of sending Heather’s E-Newsletter and information about upcoming advice surgeries.
How do we process data?
The Office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of public task. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted Heather about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended.
We will not share the personal information of members of the Heather Wheeler MP mailing list or those in receipt of our E-Newsletter.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Casework and policy queries are revisited repeatedly. It is therefore in the interests of both our Office and our constituents to retain data related to these functions until its disposal is requested.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restricting the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the contact details below. Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold:
Mrs Heather Wheeler MP
Room 1/24 , Repton House
Bretby Business Park
Ashby Road East
Bretby, DE15 0YZ
Telephone: 01283 225 365